Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Letter #11

Dear @TheFray,

I just received the newsletter from your fansite. I read about how you played for a girl in her living room…how desperately I wanted to be that girl, just for that moment in time. I honestly felt like crying when I saw this news. I'm probably not the biggest fan you guys have, but I must say, I'm getting up there.

I never used to cry when I read about stuff you guys did, but now I do…I don't call it obsession. I just call it "fan love." Because I would classify myself as obsessed if I was literally following you guys everywhere you went, stalking and such. But I just quietly "follow" on Twitter and Facebook; just another pair of eyes in the crowd, another voice heard for but a small moment in time when you replied to my tweet and read my blog post--which I have been forever grateful for, by the way.

Sometimes I still wish I could meet you guys, though, because that would be more than a dream come true. I know I've talked about this before, but I can't help it. You guys are still my heroes, fulfilling your dreams and fulfilling the dreams of fans everywhere as you progress in your career and life. I feel like I'm repeating myself, but again, it can't be helped; I'm continually inspired and I just want to be better at what I'm doing in life so that I too can unify others and do my part to bring the world together. I figure one of the ways I do so is by having this blog. A few of your Twitter followers have contacted me since our little engagement of conversation, and even though I've never met them in person either, I still feel connected.

I just think it's kinda neat how we can all connect each other through simple things like similar interests and acquaintances, how we can become unified through similar beliefs even if we have different perspectives and views of the world. Thank you, for being such a large part of that connection and unification.

We, your fans, owe you. That's why we give back every day by our blog posts and tweets and cover songs; our copies of every version of "How To Save A Life" (I think I have about three); and just the simple times we smile as we turn on your music.

xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment