Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Letter #10

Dear @TheFray,

Today will be my day to ask you questions about music.

Where do you get all of your inspiration in writing? Do you spend hours/days/weeks on one song? Do you make a melody first, then add lyrics, or does it kind of come around both ways?

I would like to know some tips for music writing, because I feel so inspired to write music (partially because this poor 21-year-old that I am has no job and just finished school…so I have LOADS of time), and I play guitar and sing. I like doing covers, I think it's cool, but I want to write my own songs. I have one song that I wrote one day when I was bored, and maybe I'll show it to you. I'll have to become a little more self-confident first, and admittedly it's really very short; but I kinda think it's cute….anyway…

If you could tell me some tips for writing, that would be pretty neat.

As always, xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment